Always ask if there is a student discount if you don’t see one posted. Every little bit you save can really go a long way!
Apps and software
- Microsoft Office 365 for Education for Windows and Mac
College students get Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, and more) completely free. All you have to do is sign up using your valid school email address. This perk also comes with 1 terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage!
- Adobe Creative Suite
From Photoshop to InDesign, Adobe’s whole slew of creative software for over 60% off. As of November 2021, students can receive a discounted bundle on the 20+ Adobe apps for $19.99 per month (instead of $52.99/month).
- Spotify Premium
Students get discounted Spotify Premium for up to four years, renewable every 12 months. You’ll get access to a special rate of $4.99/month (with ads), compared to the regular rate of $9.99/month. This special offer for students also comes with access to SHOWTIME at no extra cost.
- Peloton Digital App
The Peloton Digital app is offering a special discount to help students stay fit while at school. Students can try the app for 30 days free and pay just $6.99/month after that compared to the regular price of $12.99/month. Simply verify your student status with SheerID and provide a valid university email address.
- Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime has a deal you won’t want to sleep on! Students are eligible for a free 6-month subscription- and that comes with two-day shipping, free unlimited photo storage with Prime Photo, and Amazon’s huge catalog of streaming shows and movies. After the 6 months is up, you receive a special discounted rate of $6.49/month as long as you’re a student.
- Hulu (with ads)
Hulu offers students a huge discount on their streaming service. Access this special price of just $1.00/month for Hulu originals, TV shows, and movies. The only downside is that the student plan isn’t ad-free. But with savings of $4 each month, watching a few ads is worth it.
- Sporting Events
How do discounted tickets to NFL, NCAA basketball, NHL, MLB, NBA, and MLS games sound? Students, after enrolling with ID.me to verify their student status, are eligible for tickets starting at $15 (depending upon the team, location, etc).
Students can receive discounted tickets to Blue Man Group, Lyric Opera of Chicago, and performances at Carnegie Hall.
- Other Events
With your student ID card, receive discounted tickets to murder mystery dinners at The Dinner Detective and comedy shows at venues such as Flappers Comedy Club in Burbank, California, ACME Comedy Club in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Second City in Chicago, Illinois, Toronto, Canada, and Hollywood, California. Your local tourist attractions, such as aquariums, museums, and ski slopes, usually have deals for college students. Movie theaters and bowling alleys may also offer discounts for students as well! Just search the web or call and ask!
Train and Bus Travel
Looking to get better rates on travel, either locally or cross country?
- Greyhound offers a Student Advantage Discount Card for $30 that will save you 10% off a select fare and 15% package shipping through the Greyhound Package Express within the US.
- Amtrak offers a 15% discount on tickets sold one day in advance to any one of their 500 destinations across the country.
- If you’re traveling in Europe, receive a 25% discount off adult ticket prices with Eurail’s youth pass (available for 12 to 27-year-olds).
- Your city’s local public transportation most likely offers deals for students as well- you might be able to ride for free!
- While Uber and Lyft do not currently offer student discounts, check with your college’s Safety and Security Office to see if they are partnering with a ride-sharing platform. At the University of Chicago, students can receive 10 free rides per month between the hours of 9 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- United Airlines offers generous student deals on flights! Simply sign in to your MileagePlus account and select “Discounted travel (ages 18-22)” when you book your flight.
- Lufthansa has its own student program called “GenerationFly”, which offers discounted flights from the USA, Mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Singapore, and South Korea. British Airways also has deals on student flights from London, the UK, and Europe.
Cell Phone Plans
If you’re on your own cell phone plan, many providers offer student discounts.
- Verizon Wireless currently is offering two lines for under $100 plus taxes and fees (with auto-pay set up). These deals change all the time, so check with the carrier you’re interested in first and shop around for the best price!
- Many carriers also offer back-to-school deals on cell phones and other accessories in August.
From J. Crew and Dockers to Levi’s and The Limited, hundreds of local and national retail stores offer student discounts.
- Most stores that offer deals for college students offer between 15 and 20% off. Some retailers offer free shipping and free returns. For the most up-to-date list, Google the store you’re looking for a deal at!
Many local and chain restaurants located near a college campus will offer discounts with your student ID card and may even have buy-one-get-one-free offers on food each week.
Here’s a list of restaurants that offer deals for students using your ID card.
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Taco Bell
- Burger King
- Papa John’s currently all offer deals for students using your ID card.
- HelloFresh currently offers students 15% off each and every box.
- Home Chef offers students 50% off their first order.
- Blue Apron also currently offers deals on their meal delivery for students, currently $110 off plus free shipping for your first box.
These deals change all the time, so make sure you research the meal delivery company you’re interested in and see if their offers have changed!
Apple offers discounted pricing on MacBooks and iPads for new and current college students. Students also can get a subscription to Apple Music for half price.
- Best Buy
Best Buy offers a Student Deals Program for current college students. All you need to do is sign up for a free My Best Buy membership and be enrolled in at least one course. While Best Buy does not currently offer a standard discount, they do regularly have deals just for students on laptops, speakers, and more.
Get an extra 5% discount sitewide after verifying your status as a college student. rands such as Yoga, ThinkPad, and Legion are all discounted with your student ID.
- Online services such as Better Help offer sliding scales to help students find an affordable price that works for their unique situation.
- Local therapists and mental health clinics may offer discounted rates to local students- just call and ask!
- Mindfulness and meditation apps, while not a replacement for therapy, can help reduce stress.
- Headspace offers university students a discounted membership rate of $9.99/year (instead of $69.99/year).
Gyms and Boutique Studios
Many big box gyms and local studios offer student discounts on memberships or packs of classes.
- CorePower Yoga, for example, offers students a discounted monthly membership.
- At many park districts, they offer a special summer membership for college students returning home.
- Your local YMCA will most likely offer a discount for students as well.
- National chains such as Anytime Fitness and Crunch Fitness currently offer deals on student memberships at select locations.
It’s best to call ahead and ask!
Vitamins and Fitness Essentials
Many vitamin shops offer discounts when you verify your student status with ID.me. Here are a few we know and love.
- At Vitacost, they offer a 15% student discount, free shipping on orders over $49, and no membership fees. You can buy almost any food, beverage, or household item you need at Vitacost, from multivitamins and disinfecting wipes to dry shampoo and pre-workout (and much more).
- 5 Star Nutrition